Avoid common scams
Watch for red flags that might tell you to look for someone else to do business with. If you notice any of these issues, report them to us.
- The seller asks to be paid outside the app. They might ask for a certified check, electronic gift card, or a wire payment through a service like Western Union or MoneyGram. They might also request payment through a service like CashApp, Venmo, or Paypal.
- The seller claims to pay for shipping fees and wants to send you an invoice. SokoHuru does not set up any sellers to operate this way. You’ll always see any fees and payments for any transaction right in the app.
- We recommend paying with cash. For shipped items, learn more about how to pay here.
- The buyer offers more than the listed price. They usually follow by asking you to ship to a different address, use a different carrier, or if they can pay through a third party instead of through the app.
- The other person sends you a link that requires you to log in.
Scammers may create fake websites that look like SokoHuru and ask you to log in with your email and password.
Never click on these.
- The other person wants to communicate outside the app. When you use SokoHuru’s messaging system, you never need to give out your email address or phone number. Giving out personal information is how fraud and identity theft can start.
- The person or the post tells you about an “investment opportunity” or an “easy way to make money” by sending money.