In this policy, we, Winestle Technologies Limited, headquartered in Tanga, Tanzania, inform you about our personal data collection and use practices relating to your use of SokoHuru’s mobile and website consumer-to-consumer marketplace service. It does not cover other data collection or processing by SokoHuru or data that other companies collect or sites or services that are linked from our service.
Children under 18 are not allowed to use the SokoHuru service.
When you sign up for our service, you actively provide us with account registration information that you can access and update within the SokoHuru app or website at any time, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, and email
- Financial information, such as bank account and/or credit card numbers
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or tax identification number
We use your email address to communicate with you about transactions, new services and other topics we believe are of interest to you. We use your mailing address for delivery of items you purchase through our service. We collect your credit card or other payment card information for payment processing purposes and your bank account information to post deposits when you sell items through our service. We collect social network info for login and authentication purposes.
When we are required by applicable law, we collect additional information from you such as your social security number or tax identification number or date of birth, and we may request you to provide us with such information. You consent to promptly comply with such a request from us if you wish to continue using the service. We use this additional information, in combination with other information we may collect from you such as information about your government-issued identification, for identity verification and fraud prevention purposes, or any other purposes necessary to comply with applicable law.
We may also update your registration information, for example, if you provide a new email or mailing address on your account.
When you use the SokoHuru service, we process and deliver to you and other users of our service information about your SokoHuru transactions, such as information about items that you post for sale through our service and messages exchanged with other SokoHuru users. In this context, we receive information about your device, software, who you communicate with, message content, locations and our access logs, which includes IP address, device ID, your actions within our service and language settings.
Our browser-based app version and website also places cookies as necessary to provide functionality to you. We associate usage data with your device and your personal account. We process usage information to deliver, improve and optimize our SokoHuru service, to protect you, us and other users from actual or potential fraud and misuse, and to determine what information, features, promotional information and other services you need or may be interested in. We may combine your usage information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize your SokoHuru experience.
The information SokoHuru collects may be sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information includes, but is not limited to, the following: data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, and standard web log data and other information.
Third party sources
We may obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification services.
We may combine your usage data with information we collect from other companies such as Google Analytics to customize and improve your user experience. Google Analytics collects information regarding the use of other websites, apps and online resources ( For more information, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners.)
The cookies we use on our browser-based app and website do not hold any personal information about you. Where personally identifiable information is required to be gathered, the need for this information will be clearly communicated before you choose to provide the information.
Many Internet browsers allow you to adjust your cookie preferences or delete existing cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, you should be aware that certain browser-based app or website features, promotions or services may not be available to you or may not function correctly.
Certain Internet browsers may enable you to set “do not track” preferences, to limit the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. SokoHuru’s systems do not respond to Internet browser “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms.
Data retention and access
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings. You can also close your account.
We retain account and usage data as long as required by applicable law. We may retain personal information from your account to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, complete investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our Terms of Service User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
If you close your SokoHuru account we will inactivate the account within less than 10 business days. Please keep in mind that others can retain messages and content that you have sent them or posted publicly before you closed your account and, as we are a financial institution, we keep deactivated account information for a certain time period in our archives before we can delete any data.
We do not disclose your individual account or usage data to third parties, except:
- with your consent or at your direction.
- as necessary to collect or process a payment.
- to service or process a product or service requested by you or otherwise provide our service to you.
- to enable service providers under contract to facilitate operations, such as fraud prevention & risk management, bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services.
- as necessary to resolve a problem between SokoHuru users or with third parties.
- with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers in the United States and abroad that help us deliver, analyze, improve and manage our service, subject to confidentiality agreements.
- as required by law or to assert or protect legal rights.
- to comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- as necessary to protect you, other users, us or third parties from actual or potential harm, including fraud, data security or confidentiality breaches, other liability, or where someone’s physical safety seems at risk.
- to maintain or service your account.
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale or reorganization of our company, divisions or assets, subject to the acquirer accepting the commitments made in this policy and in compliance with applicable law.
- as described in our Privacy Notice.
- as otherwise permitted by law.
Note that when you publicly post content, such as sales listings, that content is visible and available to third parties.
We take required steps to protect your account information and account messages and to protect against data loss, misuse and unauthorized access. However, no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, messages sent through the SokoHuru service are not encrypted.
It is your responsibility to control access to your device, including keeping your login information confidential and not sharing it with anyone. It is also your responsibility to notify SokoHuru if you believe the security of the information in the SokoHuru app or your SokoHuru account has been compromised.
We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by visiting the settings page of the SokoHuru application.
SokoHuru may use information collected for its own marketing purpose. If we send marketing messages, you can opt out by changing the settings in your SokoHuru profile account or by contacting us or by following the directions that may be provided within the communication itself to opt out. Note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing messages, such as messages about your account, transactions or specifically in regards to products and services you have requested.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Questions, Requests, Rights
Additional Notice for California Residents: Residents of California may exercise their right to access information that we have about you and your account under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please review our California Privacy Notice and specific instructions.
|FACTS||WHAT DOES WINESTLE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED.|
DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include: Social Security number and name and gender and address information Credit card account and checking account information Transaction history When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.|
|How?||All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Winestle Technologies Limited. chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does SokoHuru share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes—|
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes—|
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||NO||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—|
information about your transactions and experiences
|NO||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—|
information about your creditworthiness
|NO||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||NO||We Don’t Share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||NO||We Don’t Share|
|Questions?||Call 800-280-4904 or go to https://www.SokoHuru.com/|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Winestle Technologies Limited.|
|What we do|
|How does SokoHuru protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does SokoHuru collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you open an account or provide account information give us your contact info or tell us where to send money use your credit or debit card We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.|
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness affiliates from using your information to market to you sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.|
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. SokoHuru does not share your personal information with our affiliates.|
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. SokoHuru does not share your personal information with nonaffiliates so that they can market to you.|
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. SokoHuru does not jointly market.|
|Other Important Information|
|We may transfer personal information to other countries, for example, for customer service or for data processing.|
|California: Effective January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Act of 2018 (CCPA) permits consumers who are California residents to ask businesses covered under the act about personal data it has collected about the consumer, submit an access or deletion request, and opt-out of the sale of personal information, if applicable. Some provisions do not apply to personal data collected, processed, shared, or disclosed by financial institutions pursuant to federal law such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and applicable Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Contact us if you have questions about our privacy statement, this consumer notice, or your personal data. If your SokoHuru account has a California address, we will not share personal information we collect about you except to the extent permitted under California law.|
INFORMATION FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT AND OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
Requests for customer information
If you are a member of law enforcement or another government agency and wish to request specific customer information via an official legal process, please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the relevant account(s) and/or transaction(s) in question. We are unable to process overly broad or vague requests.
Any official legal request should also include the following information so that we can verify its origin:
Agency official email address
Agent name and badge/ID number
Agent official email address
Agent Phone number (+ extension, if applicable)
Verifiable physical return address
Case reference number or other case identifying parameter
Law enforcement and other government agencies may submit requests through the following channels:
Physical Mail: Winestle Technologies Limited. PO Box 60178, Palo Alto, CA 94306 USA
Please note that acceptance of legal process via these channels is for convenience and does not waive any objections including, but not limited to, lack of jurisdiction, lack of verification of subpoena, or proper service. Requests submitted through email will result in a faster response, as mail may cause delays.
Subpoena processing may be subject to a $25 per hour fee.
SokoHuru will not respond to correspondence sent by non–law enforcement/government agencies, or individuals to the addresses above.
What is SokoHuru?
How long will it take to receive records in response to my legal process?
Turnaround time for properly formatted and signed requests is approximately 10 days.
PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY
SokoHuru prohibits the listing or sale of any item that is set forth in the list of prohibited items. If a Seller lists a prohibited item, it will be deemed to be a violation of our Terms of Service regardless of whether the Seller acted intentionally or not. If SokoHuru determines that a listing is in violation or is otherwise inappropriate SokoHuru may, at its discretion, remove the listing and cancel any related transactions up to and including termination or suspension.
SokoHuru may not be used in connection with any product, service, transaction or activity that in general:
- Violates any law or government regulation, or promotes or facilitates such action by third parties;
- Is fraudulent, deceptive, unfair or predatory;
- Causes or threatens to damage SokoHuru’s reputation;
- Violates the terms of any bank, card or electronic funds transfer network;
- Results in or creates a significant risk of chargebacks, penalties, damages or other harm or liability;
The list of Prohibited Items may be updated from time to time at SokoHuru’s discretion. Examples of items that fall under certain categories may also be expanded to provide better communication and context to our users.
SokoHuru may not be used to sell any of the following products or services:
- Anything illegal
- Drugs including:
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- Prescription medicines or devices, pharmaceuticals, or behind the counter drugs
- Products, tools, or services specifically offered or intended to be used to create or use drugs
- Grow ingredients for drugs (such as seeds for cannabis plants)
- FDA restricted items such as food, homemade food, food supplements, vitamins, diet products, muscle enhancers, home remedies and homemade cosmetics (any ingestibles):
- Listings or items descriptions that offer miracle cures such as “anti-aging”, “cancer protection”
- Listings that make false health claims or misuse terms (such as “virus”, “epidemic”)
- Items that contain cannabidiol (CBD)
- Inflated prices where listings attempt to profit from tragedies and disasters (such as “paradise fire”, “coronavirus outbreak” etc)
- Stolen goods:
- Note: If a purchased item is reported as stolen, a demand for return may be received from the victim or another party, and the item may be confiscated according to the regulations of the Code of Criminal Procedure (Act no. 131 of 1948).
- Counterfeit goods or goods infringing on a third party’s intellectual property rights:
- Listings of non-brand, non-genuine, imitation, fake, or replica
- Items in violation of a copyright, including handmade, or other items with copyrighted characters, brand logos, etc.
- Note: For brand-name products, serial numbers or receipts must be available when listing the item.
- Weapons including:
- Firearms and firearm parts; including airsoft and bb guns
- Knives such as switchblades, butterfly knives, knives that are concealed or hidden within other objects, or are made of materials that cannot be detected with a metal detector
- Explosives or military ordinance
- Self-defense weapons
- Tobacco products:
- E-cigarettes, e-hookahs, or other vaporizing instruments that contain nicotine or are associated with tobacco or nicotine usage
- Vaporizing liquid without nicotine
- Items used for identity theft (such as account credentials, user login information, and/or account access codes)
- Items not in your possession:
- Advertisements or listings for objects being sought
- Items you do not currently have that are on order
- Coupons to purchase products
- Items that are a safety hazard
- Note: Flammable or combustible liquids and any other items that require special mailing or handling instructions must be sent using the ship on your own option.
- Products designed to circumvent copyright protection techniques or otherwise facilitate the unlicensed use of copyright materials (such as “mod chips” to break the encryption on game computers to allow the playing of unlicensed game copies)
- Age restricted products or products that require a legal approval, seller/buyer registration or licenses to be sold
- Gambling, including using this service for raffles and mystery purchases
- Financial products and services such as:
- Bonds, securities, warranties and insurance
- All currency in circulation of any denomination except collectibles
- Precious metals including bullion or bars
- Buying and selling gift cards or prepaid cards
- Live animals or trafficked materials (such as ivory or shark fins)
- Any item that contains a computer virus, malware, or spyware
- Humans, human body parts, organs, cells, blood, body fluids, and items that are soiled with human materials such as used underwear
- Offensive listings:
- Items, listings, photos or content that promote or glorify hatred, violence, racism or discrimination aren’t allowed (determined at our discretion).
Note: Any item may be removed at the discretion of the company.
SokoHuru respects the intellectual property rights of its Users and we comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (17 U.S.C. §512 et. al., as amended). It is our policy to respond promptly to any claim that content posted on our App or through our Services infringes copyrighted or other intellectual property. SokoHuru will use reasonable methods to investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate action under applicable laws. To notify SokoHuru of a possible infringement, you must submit a written notice to our Designated Copyright Agent using the following address, email or web form: Winestle Technologies Limited. Attn: Designated Copyright Agent 1530 Page Mill Road, Suite 100 Palo Alto, CA 94304 Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org You may also use our form. Any notice of possible copyright infringement must include the following information:
(1) an electronic or physical signature of the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyrighted or intellectual property;
(2) a description of the copyright-protected work or other intellectual property that you allege has been infringed;
(3) a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the App or Service;
(4) your contact information, including at a minimum your mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
(5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the App or Service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(6) a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate, and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you believe that a DMCA Notice has been submitted in error, and that your posting was not infringing, you may contact our Designated Copyright Agent at the contact information provided above to submit a written counter-notification. Under the DMCA, a counter-notice must include the following information:
(1) your physical or electronic signature;
(2) an identification of the material that was removed and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed;
(3) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material (whether or not it was intentional);
(4) your contact information, including at a minimum your mailing address, telephone number, and email address; and
(5) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address you provided is located (or, if you live outside the United States, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California) and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the DMCA Notice or an agent of such person.
Speak freely and express yourself openly, without fear of being “banned” for your views. We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Say “hello” to a different social network experience. Speak Freely, Peruzi is privacy-focused